Colorado State Seedling Tree Program – Tri River Area
2019-2020 Seedling Tree sales have begun! Contact your local CSU Extension office to get your copy of the seedling inventory purchase list. Hurry!!!! Supplies never last long!
- Low-cost seedling trees and shrubs are provided each year by the Colorado State Forest Service (CSFS), for homeowners to use as windbreaks, re-vegetation, wildlife habitat, etc. They cannot be resold. Get your order in as soon as possible for the best selection. You can visit the Forest Service website at http://csfs.colostate.edu for information on the plants such as height and width, drought tolerance, recommended altitude range, wildlife value and so forth, to help you make your selections.
Perennial Wildflowers and Ornamental Grasses
- We also offer Perennial Wildflowers and Ornamental Grasses. You can mix and match a flat of 30 (In pairs of 5) or purchase in large pots.
Ordering Seedling Trees
- Sales begin in November and continue through FEBRUARY 3RD! with delivery in early May. Make sure to place your orders early as some types may sell out quicker than others.
- You can contact your local Extension office to be placed on the upcoming Seedling Tree Program e-mail list. Delta County: 970-874-2195, Mesa County: 970-244-1834, or Montrose/Ouray Counties: 970-249-3935.
How To Plant Trees
- Trees for Conservation – A Buyer’s Guide
- Perennials, Flowering Shrubs, and Grasses
- Plant Selection Considerations and Recommendations