Food Preservation Videos:
- Canning in Colorado 101 – Video
- Water Bath Canning Demonstration
- Water Bath Canning for High-Acid Foods – Video
- Freezing Fruits and Vegetables – Video
- Dehydrating Fruits, Vegetables, Meats, and Herbs
Food Preservation Websites:
- National Center for Home Food Preservation- click here
- Preserve Smart- Confidently preserve food at your elevation with guidance from Colorado State University Extension. Click here
We Can Test Your Dial Gauge Lids!
- Bring in your dial gauge pressure canner lids to one of our Tri River Area county offices. Gauge accuracy will be tested and recommendations made regarding proper canning times and procedures. Research based information will also be available. This service is free!
- Botulism; Botulism is a rare but serious disease that is associated with canned products. Find out more Here.
- Canning using electric cookers. Find out more Here.
Master Food Safety Advisor
A well rounded, volunteer training program involving food preservation methods and home food safety. Volunteers who complete the course are certified to help assist the FCS Agent in training the community in food safety/preservation techniques and education.