Local Podcasts: “Diggin’ the Garden”
- Caring for ‘Seasonally Gifted’ Plants
- City Forestry
- City Weeds, County Weeds
- CSU Extension Events
- Cytospora Weed Control
- Drought-Tolerant Plants
- Hunger Relief; Pest Diagnostics
- Indoor Christmas Plants
- Microgreens & Winter Greens
- Spring Problems
- Watering Trees in Winter
Ute Learning Garden Videos
Go to the Pro Tips – KJCT8
View the YouTube links pasted below distributed by PlantTalk Colorado. They provide helpful gardening topic ideas for all seasons!
- Cytospora Cankers: How to stop Cytospora Cankers.
- Dividing Iris and Daylilies: The best ways to divide Iris and Daylilies to get beautiful flowering in the Spring. Produced by Tagawa Gardens
- Fireblight: A bacterial disease that is showing up more this year. Learn how to manage it in this video.
- Growing Herbs: A beginners guide to planting and growing herbs. Produced by Tagawa Gardens
- Planting a Fall Vegetable Garden: All you need to know about planting a Vegetable Garden with cooler temperatures. Produced by Tagawa Gardens
- Tomato Problems: Common tomato problems and how to alleviate them. Produced by Tagawa Gardens
- Fall and Winter Watering: Help trees and shrubs this winter by watering.
- How to Compost
- How to Plant Perennials: Perennials are a garden favorite. Learn the best ways to plant for optimum growth. Produced by Tagawa Gardens
- How to Winterize Your Rain Barrel
- Ohio Buckeye: Learn the special characteristics of the Ohio Buckeye Tree.
- Pansies for Seasonal Color
- Planting Bulbs in Fall
- Planting Garlic
- Planting Pansies and Violas
- Specialty Succulents: Succulents add interest to the garden; learn how to care for them in this video. Produced by Tagawa Gardens
- Vermicomposting: How to use worms to compost at your home. Produced by Tagawa Gardens
- Winter Desiccation of Evergreens: The best defense is watering in fall to send evergreens into winter with good soil moisture.
- Amaryllis: Amaryllis are praised for the color they add to indoor landscapes, especially in winter.
- Indoor Foliage: Easy to grow foliage plants for homes and offices.
- Indoor Herb Garden: Plant an indoor, winter herb garden for herbs year-round.
- Live Christmas Trees: Do’s and don’ts of having a live Christmas tree. Luan Aikin and certified arborist and Tagawa Nursery staff member Mike Landers
- Mulching Leaves Into Your Lawn: Leaving mulched leaves on your lawn adds organic matter to your soil and feeds the earthworms for a healthy lawn in Spring. Dr. Alison O’Connor, Larimer County Horticulture Agent and Dr. Tony Koski, Turf Specialist
- Needle Browning of Evergreens: Few people know that evergreen trees lose their old needles.
- Pruning Crossing Branches: Crossing branches can cause problems if not pruned correctly. Dr. Alison O’Connor, Larimer County Horticulture Agent
- Sunscald of Trees: Sunscald usually occurs on the southwest side of young tree trunks.
- Tree Care in Winter: Don’t neglect your trees in the winter! Dr. Jim Klett, Landscape Horticulturist
- Tree Wrapping: Young trees need to be protected during winter. Learn how!Dr. Alison O’Connor, Larimer County Horticulture Agent and Eric Hammond, Adams County Horticulture Agent
- What is Pine Needle Shed: Fall needle shed is normal! Don’t panic when your trees sheds needles. Luan Akin of Tagawa Gardens
- Winter Browning of Evergreens: Winter browning of Evergreens is a common sight during the winter and early spring months of Colorado.
- Winter Rose Bush Care: Learn how to use rose collars to protect your roses from harsh winter conditions, plus other tips for helping your rose bushes through the winter. Luan Akin and certified arborist and Tagawa Nursery staff member Mike Landers
- Winter Rose Care or How to Use a Rose Collar: Learn how to protect your roses during the Colorado winters. Luan Akin and rose supervisor and Tagawa Nursery staff member Tom
- Winter Watering Trees and Shrubs: Colorado winters require winter watering of trees and shrubs to stay healthy. Luan Akin and certified arborist and Tagawa Nursery staff member Mike Landers
- Bird Feeding Tips: Learn bird feeding tips to keep birds healthy and happy! LuAnn Akin and Christy of Tagawa Gardens
- Care for Houseplants: Learn how to care for your houseplants from the experts! LuAnn Akin and Dee of Tagawa Gardens
- How to Grow African Violets: Learn how easy it is to grow and transplan African Violets and other Gerneriads! LuAnn Akin and Dee of Tagawa Gardens
- How to Grow Bonsai: Tips for choosing and caring for a bonsai. LuAnn Akin and Dee of Tagawa Gardens
- How to Grow Orchids: Find out how easy it is to grow orchids in Colorado!LuAnn Akin and Dee of Tagawa Gardens
- How to Make a Terrarium: Terrariums are a fun way to bring the tropics indoors to Colorado. LuAnn Akin and Dee of Tagawa Gardens
- How to Repot or Transplant an Orchid: Keep orchids healthy and blooming by transplanting. LuAnn Akin and Dakota of Tagawa Gardens
- Interior Plants and Light: Light is important to successfully grow plants indoors.
- Starting Seeds Indoors: Get an early start to the gardening season by starting seeds indoors! LuAnn Akin and Kris of Tagawa Gardens