Local Podcasts: “Diggin’ the Garden”
- Caring for ‘Seasonally Gifted’ Plants
- City Forestry
- City Weeds, County Weeds
- CSU Extension Events
- Cytospora Weed Control
- Drought Tolerant Plants
- Hunger Relief; Pest Diagnostics
- Indoor Christmas Plants
- Microgreens & Winter Greens
- Spring Problems
- Watering Trees in Winter
- Christine Prins – TRA Master Gardener Coordinator
Ute Learning Garden Videos
Go to the Pro Tips – KJCT8
View the YouTube links pasted below distributed by PlantTalk Colorado. They provide helpful gardening topic ideas for all seasons!
- Cytospora Cankers: How to stop Cytospora Cankers.
- Dividing Iris and Daylilies: The best ways to divide Iris and Daylilies to get beautiful flowering in the Spring. Produced by Tagawa Gardens
- Fireblight: A bacterial disease that is showing up more this year. Learn how to manage it in this video.
- Growing Herbs: A beginners guide to planting and growing herbs. Produced by Tagawa Gardens
- Planting a Fall Vegetable Garden: All you need to know about planting a Vegetable Garden with cooler temperatures. Produced by Tagawa Gardens
- Tomato Problems: Common tomato problems and how to alleviate them. Produced by Tagawa Gardens
- Fall and Winter Watering: Help trees and shrubs this winter by watering.
- How to Compost
- How to Plant Perennials: Perennials are a garden favorite. Learn the best ways to plant for optimum growth. Produced by Tagawa Gardens
- How to Winterize Your Rain Barrel
- Ohio Buckeye: Learn the special characteristics of the Ohio Buckeye Tree.
- Pansies for Seasonal Color
- Planting Bulbs in Fall
- Planting Garlic
- Planting Pansies and Violas
- Specialty Succulents: Succulents add interest to the garden; learn how to care for them in this video. Produced by Tagawa Gardens
- Vermicomposting: How to use worms to compost at your home. Produced by Tagawa Gardens
- Winter Desiccation of Evergreens: The best defense is watering in fall to send evergreens into winter with good soil moisture.
- Amaryllis: Amaryllis are praised for the color they add to indoor landscapes, especially in winter.
- Indoor Foliage: Easy to grow foliage plants for homes and offices.
- Indoor Herb Garden: Plant an indoor, winter herb garden for herbs year-round.
- Live Christmas Trees: Do’s and don’ts of having a live Christmas tree. LuAnn Aikin and certified arborist and Tagawa Gardens staff member Mike Landers
- Mulching Leaves Into Your Lawn: Leaving mulched leaves on your lawn adds organic matter to your soil and feeds the earthworms for a healthy lawn in Spring. Dr. Alison O’Connor, Larimer County Horticulture Agent and Dr. Tony Koski, Turf Specialist
- Needle Browning of Evergreens: Few people know that evergreen trees lose their old needles.
- Storm Damaged Trees: Learn how to care for the tree after damage done by late winter/early spring storms. Eric Hammond, Adams County Extension
- Sunscald of Trees: Sunscald usually occurs on the southwest side of young tree trunks.
- Tree Care in Winter: Don’t neglect your trees in the winter! Dr. Jim Klett, Landscape Horticulturist
- Tree Wrapping: Young trees need to be protected during winter. Learn how! Dr. Alison O’Connor, Larimer County Horticulture Agent and Eric Hammond, Adams County Horticulture Agent
- What is Pine Needle Shed: Fall needle shed is normal! Don’t panic when your trees sheds needles. LuAnn Akin of Tagawa Gardens
- Winter Browning of Evergreens: Winter browning of Evergreens is a common sight during the winter and early spring months of Colorado.
- Winter Rose Bush Care: Learn how to use rose collars to protect your roses from harsh winter conditions, plus other tips for helping your rose bushes through the winter. LuAnn Akin and certified arborist and Tagawa Gardens staff member Mike Landers
- Winter Rose Care or How to Use a Rose Collar: Learn how to protect your roses during the Colorado winters. LuAnn Akin and rose supervisor and Tagawa Gardens staff member Tom
- Winter Watering Trees and Shrubs: Colorado winters require winter watering of trees and shrubs to stay healthy. LuAnn Akin and certified arborist and Tagawa Gardens staff member Mike Landers
- Bird Feeding Tips: Learn bird feeding tips to keep birds healthy and happy! LuAnn Akin and Christy of Tagawa Gardens
- Care for Houseplants: Learn how to care for your houseplants from the experts! LuAnn Akin and Dee of Tagawa Gardens
- Caring for Easter Lilies: Learn the best way to care for your Easter Lilly. Cassey Anderson, Adams County Extension
- Growing Lavender in Colorado: Learn how to grow this fragrant and hardy plant! LuAnn Akin and Lena of Tagawa Gardens
- How to Grow African Violets: Learn how easy it is to grow and transplan African Violets and other Gerneriads! LuAnn Akin and Dee of Tagawa Gardens
- How to Grow Bonsai: Tips for choosing and caring for a bonsai. LuAnn Akin and Dee of Tagawa Gardens
- How to Grow Orchids: Find out how easy it is to grow orchids in Colorado!LuAnn Akin and Dee of Tagawa Gardens
- How to Make a Terrarium: Terrariums are a fun way to bring the tropics indoors to Colorado. LuAnn Akin and Dee of Tagawa Gardens
- How to Plant a Tree: Take steps ahead of planting to make sure you have the right conditions for your new tree. Carol O’Meara, Boulder County Extension, Dr. James Klett, Landscape Horticulturist at CSU, and Dr. Tony Koski, Turf Specialist at CSU
- How to Plant Perennials: Learn the basics of planting perennials. LuAnn Aiken and Ginger of Tagawa Gardens
- How to Prune Trees: Learn the proper way to prune trees from the experts. LuAnn Aiken and Mike Landers of Tagawa Gardens
- How to Repot or Transplant an Orchid: Keep orchids healthy and blooming by transplanting. LuAnn Akin and Dakota of Tagawa Gardens
- Interior Plants and Light: Light is important to successfully grow plants indoors.
- Ornamental Grasses: Ornamental grasses add texture and color to your landscape.
- Overseeding Your Lawn: Want a healthy lawn but have bare spots? Overseeding is a great way to jump start and fill bare spots in the lawn. Dr. Alison O’Connor, Larimer County Extension
- Planting Horseradish: Want to plant horseradish? Learn the techniques for a plentiful harvest. Cassey Anderson, Adams County Extension
- Planting Radish, Beet & Carrot Seeds and Asparagus Root: Root crops can be easy to grow if you have the right information! LuAnn Akin and Kris of Tagawa Gardens
- Planting Snow Peas: Learn how to plant snow peas for a healthy crop. Cassey Anderson, Adams County Extension
- Pollinator Habitat: Want to attract pollinators? Learn what habitat is best to keep pollinators coming to your garden. Deryn Davidson, Boulder County Extension
- Pruning Cross Branches: Learn how to prune cross branches for a healthy tree! Dr. Alison O’Connor, Larimer County Horticulture Agent
- Pruning Shrubs: Spring is a great time to prune shrubs for healthy growth! Deryn Davidson, Boulder County Extension and Eric Hammond, Adams County Extension
- Renovating Your Lawn by Reseeding: Renovate your lawn by reseeding for a healthy, green lawn. Carol O’Meara, Boulder County Extension
- Starting Seeds Indoors: Get an early start to the gardening season by starting seeds indoors! LuAnn Akin and Kris of Tagawa Gardens
- Types of Roses for Colorado: Learn what types of roses do best in Colorado.