Contact the Agent
Jackie Shea, Extension Agent, 4-H Youth Development
Brett Crabb, Extension Agent, 4-H Youth Development
Montrose & Ouray Counties:
Jaime Goza, Extension Agent, 4-H Youth Development
If you are a new 4-H member and need assistance signing up, please reach out to us at: TRAextension@gmail.com
4-H Youth Development & Mentoring Programs
4-H empowers youth to reach their full potential, working and learning in partnership with caring adults.
A world in which youth and adults learn, grow and work together as catalysts for positive change.
Preparing young people to make a positive impact in their communities and the world.
Who We Are
4-H is the nation’s largest youth development organization, empowering six million young people throughout the United States! With 611,800 volunteers, 3,500 professionals, and more than 25 million alumni, the 4-H movement supports young people from elementary school through high school with programs designed to shape future leaders and innovators. Fueled by research-driven programming, 4-H’ers engage in hands-on learning activities in the areas of science, citizenship and healthy living.
4-H’ers across the nation are responding to challenges every day in their communities and their world.
- Four times more likely to make contributions to their communities (Grades 7-12);
- Two times more likely to be civically active (Grades 8-12);
- Two times more likely to make healthier choices (Grade 7);
- Two times more likely to participate in Science, Engineering and Computer Technology programs during out-of-school time (Grades 10 – 12); and
- 4-H girls are two times more likely (Grade 10) and nearly three times more likely (Grade 12) to take part in science programs compared to girls in other out-of-school time activities.
Who Can Join
Any youth age 5-18 years old youth. Check out a project you can be involved in!
Cloverbud Members fee (ages 5-7) is $30.00 Tri River Area 4-H Cloverbud Program
Club Member fee (ages 8-18) is $50.00 for the first two projects and $5.00 for each additional project.
For more information on the Tri River Area 4-H Programs please contact your local 4-H Office.
4-Hs and the Pledge
Head, Heart, Hands, and Health are the four H’s in 4-H, and they are the four values members work on through fun and engaging programs.
Head – Managing, Thinking
Heart – Relating, Caring
Hands – Giving, Working
Health – Being, Living
I pledge my head to clearer thinking,
my heart to greater loyalty,
My hands to larger service,
and my health to better living,
for my club, my community, my country, and my world.4-H Pledge