In addition to local knowledge and classes, we offer a wide array or resources from our main campus and partners. Find more below:
Nutrition, Food Safety and Health- click here
- Food Smart Colorado– Explore a variety of information about food, nutrition, food safety and various recipes and how-tos. This includes high altitude baking and food preservation (canning), and food preparation with many recipes! Click here
- Eating Smart, Being Active – Expanded Food and Nutrition Education Program (EFNEP) curriculum for adults developed by EFNEP staff. Click here
- Global impact through local engagment in food systems led research, outreach and instruction. Click here
- Food Safety Works:
- Learn the basics of handling food safely and earn a 3 year certificate. This course is in compliance with Montrose, Delta, Ouray and Mesa County Health Departments. Take it online and on-demand by calling our office. 970-249-3935.
- Cottage Food Producers:
- The Colorado Legislature passed the Cottage Foods Act that set food safety standards for small-scale, cottage food enterprises. To be in compliance with this act, individuals must take a food safety course to learn how to safely produce and handle food within the home and at the point of sale. Receive a 3 year certification today! For a list of online classes, look at Eventbrite and search CSU Extension Colorado Cottage Foods or click here.
- Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, Cottage Foods Act. Click here
- Colorado Farm to Market – Marketing and seling food products in Colorado. Click here
- Take the manager level certification in order to be in compliance with the Food Code and your local health department regulations. This is a high level, nationally recognized program that prepares individuals for a career in hospitality or food service. See our classes and programming page for upcoming classes (here) or find additional options at ServSafe.com
Master Food Safety Advisor:
A well rounded, volunteer training program involving food preservation methods and home food safety. Volunteers who complete the course are certified to help assist the FCS Agent in training the community in food safety/preservation techniques and education.
Overall CSU Resources:
- Fact Sheets and Publications, click here
- CSU Learning via YouTube, click here