Doug Dean is the Tri River Area Livestock and Range Extension Agent. He aims to provide leadership and organization in the development, implementation, evaluation, and reporting of educational programs in Livestock and Range Management in the Tri River Area. Doug specializes in range management issues, range monitoring, livestock management, rotational grazing systems, grass hay production/improved pastures, weed control, small and large acreage issues, ranch management, and wildlife management. Doug brings an array of knowledge to the Tri River Area with his MBA and Range/Wildlife Management degree, as well as real life experiences and knowledge he has gained through working in the field.
Doug Dean, Livestock and Range Extension Agent
TRA Area Director
Topic’s Still Heating – Check Back Soon!
- Veterinary Feed Directive (VFD)
- Poisonous Plants
- Plants NOT to plant in animal enclosures
- Intermountain Grass and Legume Forage Production Manual. Click here
- Pasture Mgt. Colorado Forage Guide. Pasture Mgt. Click here
- Colorado Noxious Weed Management Pocket Guide. Weed ID and control. Click here
- Grasses and Grasslike Plants of Utah. Grass Species ID. Click here
- Dryland Pasture Condition Assessment & Guidelines for CO Small Acreages: The following document will help grazing managers conduct a basic self-assessment of their grazing management & pasture condition.