- Find current nutrition and health information aimed at helping you become better informed and more motivated to achieve great health at every stage of your life.
- LiveWell Colorado increases access to healthy eating and active living by removing barriers that affect low-income communities and people of color.
- There’s more than one way to eat healthy. Let MyPlate, MyWins help you find healthy eating solutions to fit your lifestyle!
Food Preservation and Canning; Approved Recipes & Resources
- Ball Canning, click Here
- Canning Green Chile
- Canning Soups
- High Altitude Food Preparation
- National Center for Home Food Preservation, click Here
- Oregon State Extension, click Here
- University of Georgia Extension, click Here
- Utah State Extension, click Here
*If you would like a copy of the recipes without the watermark, please email Ann Duncan at Ann.Duncan@colostate.edu
Colorado Farm Fresh Directory
- Click on the following link to find local farmers markets in the Colorado Farm Fresh Directory annual publication.
Colorado Farm to Market
- This website is for farmers’ market vendors, farmers’ market managers, and Ag producers, food product manufacturers and others targeting direct markets such farm to school, restaurants, retail stores, and institutions. Click Here
Colorado Market Maker: What’s In Season?
- Click on the following link to check out what fruits and vegetables are in season! Colorado Market Maker
Good Agricultural Practices (GAP), Good Handling Practices (GHPs)
- Trying to figure out where to start on your GAP plan? Click Here.
Tri – County Health Department
- Information on a wide range of topics such as radon, bed bugs, West Nile Virus, baby behavior, car seat information, child care, breastfeeding, child immunization audit,lead poisoning, community health, emergency preparedness tips, family planning, farmers markets, mold, meth cleanup, and much much more. Click Here.
- COVID-19 And Food Safety FAQ – Is Coronavirus a Concern with Takeout?
- Restaurant Guide to Raw and Bulk Items
- FAQ for Farmers Markets and Market Managers
- FAQ for U-Pick Farms – Steps for Farm Managers
- FAQ for Food Banks – Receiving Food and Cleaning
- Is Coronavirus a Concern on Fresh Produce?
- Coronavirus Cleaning vs. Disinfecting
- COVID-19 Mask resource
Cannabis and Your Health
- Cannabis, Your Child, and You: FAQS for Parents and Caregivers
- Marijuana – NIDH
- Talking to Your Kids About Marijuana
- Understand the Risk of Cannabis use in Youth
CSU Affiliated Sites
- Eating Smart – Being Active
- Farm to Table Food Safety
- Fire Resources
- Flood Resources
- Live, Eat, Play Website
- Melon Food Safety
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment
- FDA Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition
- Federal Citizen Information Center
- Food & Nutrition Information Center
- Food Safety
- Government Food Safety Information
- International Food Information Council
- Mesothelioma Guide
- National Center for Home Food Preservation
- National Food Service Management Institute
- USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
- U.S. Food and Drug Administration – Health & Human Services
News You Can Use Newsletters
- Berries and Markets (6/2017)
- Diet and Mental Health (5/2017)
- Exercise and Food Safety While Outdoors (9/2017)
- Fermented Foods (3/2017)
- Fish (7/2017)
- Grains (2/2017)
- Nutrition and Traveling (5/2016)
- Organic vs. Non-Organic Foods (4/2016)
- Preservation (8/2017)
- Sugary Drinks Policy (4/2017)
- Waste Not, Want Not (11/2018)