Small Acreage Management Resources
Additional Resources & Links
- Committed to providing practical solutions to real problems.
- Builds farmer capacity and community through classroom and experiential learning for beginning farmers and ranchers (USDA defines as 0 – 10 yrs experience).
- Network of automatic weather stations distributed across the state.
- Strengthen and advance Colorado agriculture; promote a safe, high quality, and sustainable food supply; and protect consumers, the environment, and natural resources.
- Up-to-date drought-related resources from CSU Extension & our partnering agencies.
- Assuring the safety of our food supply begins long before food reaches the table.
- Farm to table food safety for Colorado producers – GAPs/GHP.
- Commodity reports of particular interest to Colorado producers.
- NRCS Web Soil Survey
- Landhelp.info is for private land owners and managers, professionals, helpers, and students to learn how to better manage lands, animals and people. Active management keeps land and people productive and healthy for present and future generations, owners, and for increasing economic, environmental, and aesthetic benefits.
- Colorado Small Acreage Management – Improving land stewardship by helping landowners understand and manage their property resources (soil, water, animals, plants, and air).
- The source for Colorado landowners to search for contractors, equipment, and land management services. CSU Ext. and USDA-NRCS are working together to provide avenues for landowners to find local small acreage resources and open an avenue for local contractors and suppliers to interact with rural customers.
- This a great website for current temperature, precipitation and snow pack information.
- Ag Business Planning Workbook
- Colorado Forage Guide
- Custom Rates for Colorado Farms and Ranches
- Dryland Pasture Condition Assessment & Guidelines for CO Small Acreages: The following document will help grazing managers conduct a basic self-assessment of their grazing management & pasture condition.
- Field Guide for Managing Siberian Elm in Southwest
- Industrial Hemp: Learn more about Industrial Hemp with form and reports, general information, laws and rules, and CDA approved seed.
- Pasture Establishment and Renovation
- Rainwater Collection
- Small Acreage Irrigation Guide
- Landowner Newsletter Winter 2020
For information about establishing and managing small acreage pastures, including proper seeding and planting tips, specifically for our area, please have a look at our recently recorded webinar found here. This talk is about 30 minutes and gives some species specific recommendations on what kinds of grasses and legumes work best in this area and will also offer some basic tips on getting these plants seeded and established.
For the following large documents, please contact our office as the files are too large for this site.
- Intermountain Grass and Legume Forage Production Guide
- Living in Western Colorado on a Few Acres