Whether you have 5 acres or 100 acres, the goals you set and how you manage your land will determine if it will be beautiful, profitable, productive and purposeful.
The Tri River Area (TRA) Small Acreage Management Program provides educational programs for small acreage landowners and entry-level agriculturists in Delta, Mesa, Montrose and Ouray Counties. The workshops, conferences, webinars, field demonstrations, and our vast array of information can help you meet your objectives no matter what level of experience you have.
F. Isaac Munoz, Small Acreage Management Agent
For information about establishing and managing small acreage pastures, including proper seeding and planting tips, specifically for our area, please have a look at our recently recorded webinar found here. This talk is about 30 minutes and gives some species specific recommendations on what kinds of grasses and legumes work best in this area and will also offer some basic tips on getting these plants seeded and established.
- Dryland Pasture Condition Assessment & Guidelines for CO Small Acreages: The following document will help grazing managers conduct a basic self-assessment of their grazing management & pasture condition.
- Rainwater Collection
- Colorado Small Acreage Services Database
- Industrial Hemp: Learn more about Industrial Hemp with form and reports, general information, laws and rules, and CDA approved seed.
- Contact information: CDA Contacts for Industrial Hemp
- Western Water Assessment: This a great website for current temperature, precipitation and snow pack information.