Colorado State Seedling Tree Program – Tri River Area
- Low-cost seedling trees and shrubs are provided each year by the Colorado State Forest Service, for homeowners to use as windbreaks, re-vegetation, wildlife habitat, etc. The trees are not to be used for landscape purposes, nor can they be resold as living plants. Get your order in as soon as possible for the best selection. You can visit the Forest Service website at http://csfs.colostate.edu for information on the plants such as height and width, drought tolerance, recommended altitude range, wildlife value and so forth, to help you make your selections.
- Sales begin in November 2017 and will be available for pick up May 2018. Be sure to place your orders early as trees may sell out and are provided on a first come first serve basis.
- To be placed on the mailing list for the 2017-2018 Seedling Tree Program, contact your local Extension Office in Mesa County call 970-244-1834, in Delta County call 970-874-2195 or Montrose/Ouray Counties 970-249-3935.
Ordering Seedling Trees
How To Plant Trees
- Trees for Conservation- A Buyer’s Guide
- Perennials, Flowering Shrubs, and Grasses
- Plant Selection Considerations and Recommendations