ServSafe is a national recognized course developed by the National Restaurant Association as a comprehensive treatment of the subject of food safety. Food Service Managers who are not certified by an accredited Food Safety Course should attend. The Colorado Retail Food Establishment Rules and Regulations state that a manager needs to be on hand who has passes a certified food safety program. Participants must achieve a passing exam score of 75% or higher to receive a certificate, valid for 5 years. Class space is limited, registration, first come first serve basis and held in Grand Junction and Delta throughout the year. The course is $120 per participant. Course includes training, training materials, and certification examination. If you are interested in a ServSafe certification training, contact our office at 970-249-3935. For more dates and location please look at the following brochure: 2017 ServSafe Brochure
Food Safety Works
Food Safety Works is a course for food service workers that covers the basic requirments for safe food handling. This course is in compliance with Montrose County Environmental Health. For a current Food Safety Works schedule or to schedule a private group training for your business, contact TRA Extension at 970-249-3935.
Cottage Food Producers
Put your entrepreneurial spirit and cooking, baking, and growing talents to work in a cottage food business.
The Colorado Legislature passed the Cottage Foods Bill that set food safety standards for small-scale, cottage food enterprises. This cottage food business training guides you through the standards of that bill to ensure the safe handling of your product for sale at farmers’ markets or holiday fairs. Receive a 3 year certification today!
Food Safety Training for Colorado Cottage Food Producers
Training times: 9am-Noon *$25 pre-registration is required*
- March 2: Location TBD, Montrose
- April 11: Business Incubator, Grand Junction
- May 16: First Baptist Church, Delta
- June 5: Ouray County 4-H Event Center, Ridgway (4PM-9PM)
Cottage Food Producers Resources:
- Cottage Food Checklist for Farmers Market and Event Managers
- Shopping at Colorado Farmers Markets
- Safe Handling Produce
- Salad Greens Health Benefits and Safe Handling
- Sampling Safely at Farmers Markets
Cottage Foods Act Legislation
- Cottage Foods Act Updated May 2016- SB 16-058- MOST RECENT!!!
- Cottage Foods Act Tier 1
- Cottage Foods Act Tier 2
- Colorado Cottage Foods Fact Sheet, click here (4.4.13)
- Colorado Cottage Food Producer Checklist, click here (5.22.12)
- Colorado Cottage Foods Act: Simple Facts, click here for English/click here for Spanish
Master Food Safety Advisor
Information coming out soon!