Statewide Preserve at Home Online Food Preservation Training
- Provides research-based food preservation education online throughout the state of Colorado. Participants learn how to produce high quality preserved foods and the science behind current food preservation techniques, high elevation adjustments, and food safety.
- Colorado Cottage Food producers can benefit from this online training, especially if they want to make sure they have updated information and resources related to food preservation. This online training provides you with safe techniques and recipes for the products you make at home and sell to consumers!
- For more information please look at the following flyer: Preserve@Home write up for Colorado
- Eventbrite Registration & Payment Deadline: January 16, 2018
- Please click on the following link to register: https://www.eventbrite.com/o/csu-extension-food-preservation-6622808397
Preserving the Harvest- Food Preservation Classes
Learn how to preserve food at home safely while retaining high quality with the CSU Extension Food Preservation class series.
Jams and Jellies
Freezing and Dehydrating
We Can Test Your Dial Gauge Lids!
- Just bring in your dial gauge pressure canner lids to one of our Tri River Area county offices. Cost is $10 per lid. Gauge accuracy will be tested and recommendations made regarding proper canning times and procedures. Research based information will also be available.
- Botulism; Botulism is a rare but serious disease that is associated with canned products. Find out more here.
- Canning using electric cookers, click here.